Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Naples, Italy





Today we woke up, and ate some more of those delicious crepes, and then headed back into Paris for one last chance to see stuff.  Jen and her mom, and Stacey and her mom went to the Opera House, and they said it was beautiful.  Some people ran to Moulan Rouge, and others of us stopped to see the Basillica, and good work to all the people who climbed all those stairs to the top!  

I have a funny story, we were walking up this hill to see the Basillica, and we came across some people who were trying to tie these strings on our fingers.  So, I (Bug) and my husband Chris, missed that meeting, where they specifically said, "NEVER PUT YOUR FINGERS OUT!"  So, I am easily tricked, and they were telling me it was a trick, and this and that, and I was excited to see the trick, but slightly hesitant, because the rest of our group (A group of like 50 people)  were screaming, "Bug, no Bug, come on Bug", and I was confused why everyone was panicking.  So, Chris is tied up, but slipped his finger out in time, and they let me by, I was surrounded by a couple of them.  I guess, they tie that string on your finger, and pull it really tight, and make you pay to take it off!  Sort of funny, but could be scary!  The group did a good job of keeping an eye on everyone, to make sure we made it through safe and sound.  

We arrived in a little place called Naples today, not really the prettiest part of Italy, and slightly scary.  We had to get off the bus and walk a few blocks to the hotel, and they told us to all stay together, and not let too much space get between us!  It was a sight to see, 69 Americans, pulling our big rolling bags through the ghetto of Naples!  It was great!  Tomorrow we are off to Pompeii!  I will let you know what adventures we find there!  I am posting a picture of what Naples looks like from our hotel, it is the one with all the trash in the street :)
                                              

No comments: